Princess Rae, Community Champion 2014

Roving

Congratulations Princess Rae an award fully deserved and well overdue. It is very fitting that you won it the first time they have had such an award. Thanks to Martin and any others that made submissions to nominate Rae. As her husband I am very well aware of how many hours she gives to the Runescape community and while she is not the only one who does this I'm sure most people would be absolutely staggered if they knew the full extent of her contributions over many years. xOx

WOW! Woof! Woof!

What a fantastic award - many congratulations Rae, you are a truly great leader!! :D

:grats:

I can't think of a more worthy winner for this award.  Very well done Rae, you deserve it 

:congrats:

It was so great to be there when they handed it to you, Rae - no one is more worthy of it!

Thanks so much for all you've done <3

Very well deserved, Rae :D

I actually had a tear in my eye when I watched you take this <3

You're not the only one Scotty! Congrats Rae! Much deserved! <3

well done rae, well earned and long live soa

I cheered when I saw it on livestream! Gratz Rae

Congratulations Rae, you probably don't know me as i am new but I hope you had a great time!

Thank you everyone! <3<3

I didn't even know this award was on, so it really was a surprise. Thanks to Roving (Martin) for the nomination, and to all of you who emailed in as well (don't even know who did)> 

I feel a bit confused, humbled and embarrassed, but had a long think about it, and decided that it is a good thing that an award like this exists, as it's not about levels, or some other thing like that, but about people supporting people. 

Wrote this, 235-236-530-65499529 because 1000's of people deserve a share of this. 

Spoiler

1000s of Community Champions - you?

So I was awarded this Golden Gnome, which was quite a surprise, somewhat embarrassing (could you tell! :D) and also humbling. On thinking about it, figured that really, this should be a shared award, because so many of you deserve one.

It’s really good to see an award that isn’t tied to levels, or any particular in-game ‘thing’ you can tick off, but an award which says, “We know we have good people in this game, who make a difference, and we want to say thanks to them”.

So, cheers and thanks to:

• all the other Fmods, who volunteer their time to help keep the forums tidy and more pleasant for all. This really is a great group of players! They sometimes cop a bit of abuse but manage to keep smiling anyway
  • all the Pmods, who are decent, respectful people who don’t mind helping others
  • all the thousands of players out there who would make fantastic Pmods if given the chance, who set a good example in game
  • all the other Clan Leaders, who devote hours of their time to look after their clan and their clannies, as clans are a big part of what makes RS so enjoyable for so many
  • all those who have been to all 4 RuneFests (or even to one)
  • all those Aussies who made the gruelling, gruelling journey from Aus (I think minimum time spent travelling for an Aussie is 21 hours, inc time at airports)
  • all those who travelled from another country, to get to RF. No easy feat
  • all the other parents who know it takes a community to raise a child
  • all the other parents who got into this game to have something in common with their kids, as a way to keep in touch as they grew older
  • all those who look out for their mates on RS
  • all those who bless a grave or save someone’s stuff without even thinking twice about it
  • all the others who have played since Classic days
  • all the other 10 year cape holders
  • all the others who don’t have a black mark on their account, not because they are trying not to, but because that’s naturally who they are
  • all those who help others when it’s mostly un-seen, un-noticed, without looking for any recognition or reward
  • all the others who, day in day out, are just themselves in game, nothing faked, so when you meet them irl, there are no surprises and it’s like meeting an old friend
  • all the others who are clear that RS is just a game and it’s ok to laugh at yourself. In fact, it’s fun
  • all the others who have a balance between RS and irl and understand why this is so important

To all of you ^ please consider you share a little of this Golden Gnome.

The gnomie is currently with me in Brisbane, after making it safely in my hand luggage so far. We head back to my home town tomorrow.

My clan has adopted the gnome and the clannies are going to name him. I’m a little scared. :D
Any suggestions?

Congratulations Rae, as many have said before, you were a fitting recipient. Thank you for all your time and effort in SoA and in RS.

Thank you everyone! <3 <3

I didn't even know this award was on, so it really was a surprise. Thanks to Roving (Martin) for the nomination, and to all of you who emailed in as well (don't even know who did)> 

I feel a bit confused, humbled and embarrassed, but had a long think about it, and decided that it is a good thing that an award like this exists, as it's not about levels, or some other thing like that, but about people supporting people. 

Wrote this, 235-236-530-65499529 because 1000's of people deserve a share of this. 

replied on your thread :)<3 congratz

Congrats Rae chan!

Thanks! 

Haven't got him in game yet. I guess it takes a while, for a new category. 

Those who are Clan Thar + can

Awesome that is so cool, congratz!!!!

Very well done Rae, well deserved :dance: :dance:

Congratulations RAE!