Signature Guidelines - Read Me!

Roving

Signature Guidelines

Signatures, we all have them. We use them to express ourselves and represent ourselves after each and every post that we happen to make. They are at the bottom of each forum post you make and contain text, images, clan awards, and other achievements that you wish to include.

Signature Rules

• No signature should have material of obscene or macabre nature.
  • No signature should have swearing or offensive images/text
  • No signature should be extremely distracting (ie. strobe effects, or anything that could lead to seizures)
  • No signature should contain links to a malicious site
  • No signature should be excessively large

Size

No signature should be excessively large. Extremely large signatures can cause the page to load slower for everyone. If you have won multiple awards, not every single one needs to be placed in your signature. Possibly your most recent one(s). The rest can be stuck in your About Me page. You can access your about me by finding the "Edit my About me Profile" button under Profile Settings in your Settings menu. If you need help finding this, please contact any staff member for assistance.

Here is a good rule-of-thumb for judging the size of your signature:

First, find a post that you created in which you only wrote only ONE, SINGLE line of text. Like the following examples below:

On the left side, it lists your profile picture, your rank, and various information about you. The yellow line marks the end of the your clan information and the end of the maximum amount of space that you should use for your signature.

You can use the Spoiler to Reveal Hidden Contents if you wish. 

:tick:  :tick:  :tick:  :tick:  :tick:  :tick:  :tick:  :tick:  :tick:  :tick:  :tick:  :tick:  :tick:

SuAE2YI.png

:cross:  :cross:  :cross:  :cross:  :cross:  :cross:  :cross:  :cross:  :cross:  :cross:  :cross:  :cross:  :cross:  :cross:  :cross:

nVUxgIZ.png

Bigger isn't always better when it comes to forum signatures, as it can take up lots of space, and cause the page to load slower.

If needed you can always re-size some of these bigger images to fit into this size recommendation. Or move some your awards and achievements over to your About Me page.

In addition, if you dislike someones signature because it hurts or offends your eyes - you can hide peoples signature individually by hovering over their signature space, and clicking the X.

Many thanks to Roving for the original topic, and Wizanthony for bringing it back up-to-date.

word..test

test complete.

Edited by Ultra Magnus

Half yours isnt showing up anyway, Rick!

In addition, if you dislike someones signature because it hurts or offends your eyes - you can hide peoples signature individually by hovering over their signature space, and clicking the X.

Eeek, is my signature too flashy? I JUST found this thread today <_<

Well, I wouldn't have it, but I usually fall on the safe line in this type of issues. I have no problems with seizures so I can't really tell. It's not too fast but tbh I'm not sure it's safe.

Why does it highlight every "signature" in the thread?

test

I like the kitteh! :D

Bumping this up for relevance with a fresh lick of paint. :up:

Read and understood :)

Thank you for the updated guideline.