Lore Podcast - Part I

Sgt Pepper

Greetings all!

It is with great pleasure that I present you the first lore podcast. Together with eldar.pngAglarion, sadron.pngTakara and elendur.pngSeravail I talked about 'what RS lore is and why you should care', but also about difficulties and room for improvement to make lore more appealing. It was brilliantly edited by adele.pngKingey! Thank you all for this.

Please let us know what you think, and don't hesitate to share it with your clannies.

Hope you all enjoy :) 

Next week we'll continue talking about lore, specifically about the transition from the 5th to the 6th age, favourite storylines and anticipations for the future.

These podcasts are the first in our plan to deliver regular podcasts again if there is enough interest for them. Please let us know what you'd like to hear next! If you'd like to be in a podcast, please step forward as we'd love to have you on them! 

Well done guys - and super good job to adele.pngKingey!

Really enjoyed listening to this, and looking forward to part 2. :)

Well done team! i like this concept, i would also suggest i feel you should try and get different individuals for future podcasts *nothing against the people featured here* i just think it would be cool to get to know other that aren't normally in the limelight so to say through these podcasts.:happy:

9 hours ago, DBronx said:

Well done team! i like this concept, i would also suggest i feel you should try and get different individuals for future podcasts *nothing against the people featured here* i just think it would be cool to get to know other that aren't normally in the limelight so to say through these podcasts.:happy:

Thank you! That is definitely the idea. We have a thread up where everyone can suggest ideas and step forward to be in one. Everyone that wants to be in a podcast, will be in a podcast

Nice work, team! :up: 

computer_key_Space_bar.png

is  my Friend :p 

Really enjoying listing to this well done guys 

Edited by Wizanthony

Listening to this now. Interested already. :)

One bit of feedback is that it might be good for you all to introduce yourselves like Sander did at the start of each episode. Will help people that don't know you to recognise who is talking. :)

5 minutes ago, Zaki said:

One bit of feedback is that it might be good for you all to introduce yourselves like Sander did at the start of each episode. Will help people that don't know you to recognise who is talking. :)

Thanks for the feedback, we'll do that next time :) 

50 minutes ago, Zaki said:

Yeah, that was something that popped into my mind when I listened to it again, too :p

On 8/15/2017 at 9:26 PM, Sgt Pepper said:

Thank you! That is definitely the idea. We have a thread up where everyone can suggest ideas and step forward to be in one. Everyone that wants to be in a podcast, will be in a podcast

Love this idea. I'd like to see as many diff people involved as possible. Like @Lordofd70 - think he mentioned something. 

Still trying to get to listen myself, but I will.  

Remember to speak up if you want to be in it! :) 

On 8/14/2017 at 1:24 PM, Sgt Pepper said:

These podcasts are the first in our plan to deliver regular podcasts again if there is enough interest for them. Please let us know what you'd like to hear next! If you'd like to be in a podcast, please step forward as we'd love to have you on them! 

First thing I want to say, I appoglize @Kingey I thought I wrote on here the day of posting, how much I thought you did such a great job on this pod cast. But I did really enjoy it. And thanks to everyone else that was involved. I know I've heard Dan in the past mention how hard it is to edit such a type of thing. 

Awesome work again.

I enjoyed this, looking forward to the next one :)

16 hours ago, Princess Rae said:

Love this idea. I'd like to see as many diff people involved as possible. Like @Lordofd70 - think he mentioned something. 

Still trying to get to listen myself, but I will.  

Remember to speak up if you want to be in it! :) 

Truth is I was mainly talking about a podcast about recent updates, upcoming updates, & irl stuff going on... But oh well guess the message didn't get clear enough. Oh well 

1 minute ago, Lordofd70 said:

Truth is I was mainly talking about a podcast about recent updates, upcoming updates, & irl stuff going on... But oh well guess the message didn't get clear enough. Oh well 

I'd find this interesting :)

Not many people would care about a lore podcast just saying... Y'all won't find much mwmbers who know the lore/care for it. WITH a podcast like TALKING about recent updates and other stuff i'm sure 100% you'll find clan mates who would join the podcast. Who's idea was to do Lore Podcast in first place? 

Dj, we'll do those as well! There were people who instantly wanted to do a lore podcast. I'm pretty hurt that all you have to say is breaking down our work we put effort in. We'll do all kinds kinds of podcasts for different interests, I'd appreciate some respect for people's work even when you dont like the current topic. I'm doing my best to host podcasts for everyone and people take the time to be in one, Roman puts effort into editing

4 hours ago, Lordofd70 said:

It's ok; as Sander said, the plan is to try to do regular podcasts from now on, so we'll be looking for lots of different topics. I'm sure that updates will come into it as well, quite regularly. 

I'd encourage anyone who has ideas for topics to post them here, because in order to do regular podcasts we will be on the lookout for ideas. When you say irl things, what kinds of things do you mean? Like Runefest and our New York Meetup? 

Topic Ideas:

• Was wondering if we would do something around SoA at Runefest. Can we record something over there? Some of this could be video? 
  • The SoA Clan Lunch Before Runefest - can we record a hello from everyone or something, impressions so far etc.  Some of this could be video? 
  • Our September New York Meetup. Can we record something over there? We've never done this before. Some of this could be video? 
  • Cosplay for Runefest with Nanashi? @Nanashi 
  • DXP weekend - tips beforehand, and how we went afterwards
  • The Mums and Dads of SoA and funny moments involving kids or pets, like @MoIly's name etc.
  • How / why did people start playing RS? 
  • SoA OOC thread and funny stories about typos

Is it possible to record bits with people on different days, and then put it all together (time zones)? Idk how it works. 

I want to hear lots of diff SoA people, not the same ones over and over. 

I finally got to hear this one! Good work. :clap: Am hoping that in the next one you are going to explain what 5th age is and what 6th age is. I hear those terms all the time but have no clue in terms of Gods and so on.  

Great job guys! MY space bar has become legendary i guess :p. Really looking forward to next weeks. 

Love your ideas Rae, would like to do all of them eventually. We can definitely get something going at RF.

Dj, it's only a word and we'll get your ideas casted right away as well. I really wanna make it clear that I'm going to do all the different topics suggested if I can find people that want to be in them. Wanna talk about recent updates, talk to me and we'll get it started. 
I'm sorry if anyone felt left out because we started out with lore, it was actually suggested by a couple people who wanted to record it right away so I did. This doesn't close the door for any further podcasts at all, we'll do anything but you need to start somewhere.
I do my best for this, the only thing I ask in return is appreciation for other topics as well and respect for the people that work on them :) 

Ideally I wanna include the whole clan in this, and everyone that wants to be in a podcast with a certain topic, will be in a podcast for a topic they are interested in. I'm really trying to be as inclusive as possible here.