Wizanthony

forum event Thanksgiving Photo Event

Wizanthony

Thanksgiving Photo Event

Image result for thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated on various dates in Canada, the United States, some of the Caribbean islands, and Liberia. It began as a day of giving thanks and sacrifice for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

So for this monthly event if you wish to take part is....

Take a Photo of your favourite thanksgiving Food. and tell us why its your Favourite food. It could be the Texture the taste it could be the fact grandma is the best cook anything just tell us why. 

For those that Do not celebrate thanksgiving just tell us your favourite food include a picture everyone can take part !!!! 

Photos from other sources are allowed if you do not want to take one yourself. 

Event ends  Saturday 30th November 2019

Everyone that Post on here gets an attendance point. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Wizanthony's Favourite food of all time

Mine for example is  Lobster Mac and cheese I love the Pasta and i Love cheese but topping it off with Lobster  I could die for. I had it once in London at the Hard Rock Cafe with my work Colleges once and it was Bliss. The creaminess of the cheese with that softness of the pasta and the beauty of Lobster ..... dam iam making myself hungry  thinking about it. 

Image result for mac and cheese with lobster and crab

Eragon Wings

Image result for turkey food image

My favorite would be the turkey. I love how mom makes it in the oven. It comes out juice and not dry. Has a nice flavor, have no idea how she does it but I will have to learn haha

Livid Fool
Spoiler

hollandse-quiche-met-paprika-en-doperwte

Put the picture in a spoiler because it was bigger than I expected :P
We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here.

It's called quiche, made of puff pastry, bacon strips, paprika (the vegetable, not the spices), peas and cheese!
I have never been able to make it myself, as my Cooking level is 1 irl, but my mom made this often in the past and it was soooo good! She still makes it for me on special occasions :P

Zamandria

Well Thanksgiving for us was last month, and so I can't take a picture but I found one -- one of my favorite uses for Thanksgiving turkey is delicious hot turkey sandwiches <3

hot turkey sandwich.jpg

olgamerbroad

I have a problem with store bought birds and we are not near a Mennonite community or another place I can get really good meat.  Out typical Thanksgiving treat is either pulled pork (which I hot smoke /cook for 12 hours after marinating for 4 or 5 days in beer and spices), but more recently we have a modification of the popular "Bacon Explosion".  Instead of stuffing the center with cooked bacon, I use either pork tenderloin or free-range chicken breasts.  A meat thermometer is a big help!

Here are some picture of my last project - and our dinner will basically be the same.  We used organic tenderloin for the center, maple-flavoured organic pork sausage for the inner wrapping and a sugar-free bacon for the outer wrap.  This year we are going to marinade chicken breast in pineapple and spices and use it in the center for the Thanksgiving roast!  I do not use any BBQ sauce or other spices other than the initial marinate for the center.  I have found it really doesn't need it!

BTE01_small.jpg

BTE02_small.jpg

BTE03_small.jpg

Edited by olgamerbroad

YGE
5 hours ago, olgamerbroad said:

I have a problem with store bought birds and we are not near a Mennonite community or another place I can get really good meat.  Out typical Thanksgiving treat is either pulled pork (which I hot smoke /cook for 12 hours after marinating for 4 or 5 days in beer and spices), but more recently we have a modification of the popular "Bacon Explosion".  Instead of stuffing the center with cooked bacon, I use either pork tenderloin or free-range chicken breasts.  A meat thermometer is a big help!

Here are some picture of my last project - and our dinner will basically be the same.  We used organic tenderloin for the center, maple-flavoured organic pork sausage for the inner wrapping and a sugar-free bacon for the outer wrap.  This year we are going to marinade chicken breast in pineapple and spices and use it in the center for the Thanksgiving roast!  I do not use any BBQ sauce or other spices other than the initial marinate for the center.  I have found it really doesn't need it!

BTE01_small.jpg

BTE02_small.jpg

BTE03_small.jpg

God that looks bloody amazing...

Favourite meal has to be an Indian. Korma/Tikka (don't judge!), rice, garlic/keema naan, chapati, poppadom... *dribble*

Wufaris

My favorite Thanksgiving food is definitely the homemade sweet potatoes that my grandma makes. It's to die for!! Using a stock photo on google thats pretty close to the homemade stuff.

Candied-Sweet-Potatoes-2.jpg

olgamerbroad
15 hours ago, YGE said:

God that looks bloody amazing...

Favourite meal has to be an Indian. Korma/Tikka (don't judge!), rice, garlic/keema naan, chapati, poppadom... *dribble*

I make homemade paneer in a wicked masala-style dish. I also love the type of pappadum with the peppercorns alongside a moderately spicy mango pickle.  Speaking of mango pickle, I've discovered that frying sole with almonds in a bit of butter and finishing it with mango pickle is the bomb....  BTW< I made homemade lasagna two years ago for xmas, so we don't necessarily stick with traditional dishes....

Edited by olgamerbroad

Princess Rae

Freshly cooked King Prawns. Delish! 

bf74ce7499.png

Kreacher
    4 minutes ago, Princess Rae said:

Discord Talk Spur
    10 Nov 2019 
    Start: 04:40 to 

1. Eragon Wings
    2. Kreacher
    3. KryprtikViruz
    4. Lilly
    5. Lone1yw0lf
    6. MandyPandy
    7. Oldgamerbroad
    8. Princess Rae
    9. Guest: MrAmerican

(dont let the picture Fool you, this was the Original post)

Edited by Kreacher

Princess Rae
    3 minutes ago, Kreacher said:

Oh hush! YOU SAW NOTHING! lol 

Wizanthony
    On 11/10/2019 at 5:50 AM, Princess Rae said:

Oh hush! YOU SAW NOTHING! lol 

On 11/10/2019 at 5:46 AM, Kreacher said:

haha lol <3